IMSolutions is seeking a Contract Specialist Subject Matter Expert (SME) to support our National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) client in Silver Spring MD.
The Contract Specialist SME will perform various contract responsibilities. The Contract Specialist SME is responsible for a full range of planning and administering the most complex and major acquisitions for the client which include all functions from cradle to grave. These functions may include acquisition planning, request for proposal (RFP), Invitation for Bids (IFB) Request for Quotation (RFQ), Request for Information (RFI), preparation, market research/analysis, selection and administration of contract terms & conditions, cost and price analysis, preparation of contract modifications, evaluation of performance, contract termination, and matters affecting the major procurement of supplies, services using formal advertising or negotiation procedures; the evaluation of the most important contract price proposals; and administration or termination and closeout of major contracts, individuals as required, will have experience with Cost Reimbursable, Fixed Price, Time & Materials, Commercial, and GSA Federal Supply Schedule contracting. Individuals will possess working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and agency supplements.
• Provides expertise and guidance to an acquisition in subject matter area of specialized knowledge
• Assists primary clients in developing statements of work, statement of objectives and performance work statement, and procurement strategy
• Specialized knowledge of acquisitions, grants, budgetary and federal regulations
• Provide expertise in product selection, acquisition planning, system design, grants and financial management, security, and other operational and analytical disciplines
• Develops evaluation plans, pricing methodologies, and major administrative plans
• Define problems and analyzes and develops plans and requirements in the subject matter area for moderately to complex systems
• Develop and recommends streamlined initiative. Utilize and recommends the use of innovative techniques, where appropriate, to improve procurement operations and customer service
• Prepare a draft of protest and termination case documents for review and approval by the Contracting Officer
• Coordinates and manages the preparation of analysis and evaluations
• Provides recommendations for proper implementation of programs and systems specifications in the following specialties: business process re-engineering, workflow, and process automation, process improvement, quality control and management, information systems architecture, automation, communications protocols, risk management/electronic analysis, software, life cycle management, development methodologies, modeling and simulation projects
• Thorough working knowledge of cost/price analysis sufficient to assist in pre-and post-procurement actions: evaluate price and cost as they relate to travel, direct labor, overhead, transportation and indirect costs, and gather, assemble analyzed data for the Contracting Officer to draw a logical conclusion about the price/cost information and soundness of a proposal
• Thorough working knowledge of federal acquisition, contracting laws, principles, and regulations
• Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
• Performs a variety of complex tasks
• May have first-line responsibility for certain projects or functions
• A substantial degree of creativity and latitude is required
Key Attributes Required –
• Strong research, critical thinking, and analysis skills
• Strong interpersonal skills experienced in working collaboratively with personnel at all organizational levels in a diverse work environment
• Dedication: Shows a sense of ownership and pride in work products
• Adaptable: Shows a sense of urgency, high degree of personal motivation for success
• Strong verbal and written collaborative skills ensuring a more knowledgeable and engaged team/workforce
• Positive professional attitude – demonstrating an ultimate desire to fulfill organizational objectives by complete customer satisfaction
• Integrity: Without it, no real success is possible
• Master’s Degree with 20 years of acquisition experience, or a Bachelor’s Degree with 22 years of acquisition experience, or 23 years of relevant acquisition experience
• Relevant office experience including MS Office and Google platform product skills.
Benefits – IMSolutions is proud to offer a competitive salary, high-quality, broad, and diverse benefits, a generous Paid Time Off plan, and a corporate 401k plan. IMSolutions offers exceptional opportunities to develop a rewarding career. For more information, you can send any questions to email@example.com.
Equal Opportunity Employment: IMSolutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. IMSolutions is an E-Verify Employer.