IMSolutions is seeking multiple Contract Specialists to support our Federal client in Norfolk, VA.
The Contract Specialist performs various pre-and post-contract and procurement responsibilities pertaining to the procurement of supplies, services, and equipment, which may include most all functions from cradle to grave in the acquisition life-cycle. Functions may include acquisition planning, reviewing, editing, or assisting in writing Statements of Work (SOW), Performance Work Statements (PWS) Statement of Objectives (SOO), Request for Information (RFI)/Request for Proposal (RFP)/Request for Quotation (RFQ) and Invitation for Bids (IFB), market research/analysis, selection and administration of contract terms & conditions, cost and price analysis, negotiation preparation, preparation of contract modifications, development of evaluation criteria, evaluation of contract performance, contract termination, and contract closeouts. Individuals, as required, will have experience with Cost Reimbursable, Firm Fixed Price (FFP), Time & Materials (T&M), Labor Hour (LH), Commercial, Indefinite Delivery Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ), and GSA FSS contracting. Individuals will possess working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and agency supplements.
• Applies established acquisition/purchasing regulations, policies, and procedures while assisting in the procurement of goods and services in a Federal Government environment.
• Provides support and assistance in essentially all areas of Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) based Federal procurement.
• Prepares or reviews pre-procurement packages.
• Actively participates in developing and managing acquisition plans.
• Prepares/researches support documentation.
• Makes quality recommendations to the Contracting Officer/Grants Officer.
• Handles problems through procurement action life-cycle through resolution.
• Research, analyze, and validates relevant data.
• Completes tasks needed to successfully advertise, solicit, construct, award, administer, and/or close out Government contracts or task/delivery orders.
• Provide knowledge and practical resources to Stakeholders to ensure customer service provided is relevant, accurate, and timely.
• Supports the issuance of contracts, purchase orders, tracks status, and expedites orders according to customer requirements and in compliance with all related guidelines, policies, and procedures.
• Maintains and ensures acquisition/procurement file documentation in compliance with FAR and other related policies and procedures.
• May assist in special projects assigned by the procurement Acquisition Manager.
Key Attributes Required –
• Strong research and analysis skills
• Strong verbal and written collaborative skills ensuring a more knowledgeable and engaged team/workforce
• Dedication: Shows a sense of ownership and pride in work products
• Adaptable: Shows a sense of urgency, high degree of personal motivation for success
• Positive professional attitude – demonstrating an ultimate desire to fulfill organizational objectives by complete customer satisfaction
• Integrity: Without it, no real success is possible
• The requirement for CS I: Bachelor’s degree with 24 credit hours in a Business or Business related field plus two years’ experience. Experience can be substituted for the degree requirement, and advanced education can be substituted for some of the experience.
• The requirement for CS II: Bachelor’s degree with 24 credit hours in a Business or Business related field plus four years’ experience. Experience can be substituted for the degree requirement, and advanced education can be substituted for some of the experience.
• Previous experience working for the Federal Government within this field is desirable.
• Relevant office experience including MS Office and Google platform product skills.
• Submit three References with contact information.
• Applicants that do not posses specific experience in an acquisition field will need to include a short narrative describing how their combination of education/work experience meet the minimum requirements of the position applied for.
• Applicants that cite a degree other than a specific Business Administration or closely related field must provide a list of the specific business courses completed that will satisfy the requirement of 24 business hours requirements.
• Applicants that substitute work experience for educational requirements must provide verifiable information to include dates worked as well as a reference.
Salary Considerations –
• For CS I positions, the salary range is $38,600 – $43,400.
• For CS II positions, the salary range is $48,500 – $53,300.
• Salary ranges can be negotiable based on experience, skill level and client requirements.
Benefits – IMSolutions is proud to offer a competitive salary, high-quality, broad, and diverse benefits, a generous Paid Time Off plan, and a corporate 401k plan. IMSolutions offers exceptional opportunities to develop a rewarding career. For more information, you can send any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Opportunity Employment: IMSolutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. IMSolutions is an E-Verify Employer.