IMSolutions LLC is seeking a Computer Management Specialist to provide support to the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Afghanistan Mission. Under the general supervision and technical guidance of the Office of Management (OM) Director or their designee. The Computer Management Specialist is responsible for the technical operation of the Mission information and telecommunication systems at USAID/Afghanistan. This incumbent will serve as the network administrator and will be responsible for the troubleshooting of the day-to-day user requirements and for direct coordination and collaboration with MCIO to address all IT issues as they arise. The incumbent trains and orients users in located in Washington and Almaty, Kazakhstan, advises USAID/Afghanistan management in the selection, procurement, budgeting and distribution of equipment and software for USAID/Afghanistan.
The incumbent will serve as the primary contact person for users with PC, Laptop, Smartphone problems, promptly investigates problem, if unable to solve the same day, contacts CIO to establish a ticket on behalf of the user and follows up with CIO until the problem is resolved. The incumbent assists in planning and scheduling adequate technical support for all assigned staff in both locations.
This position is 100% remote. The start date is immediate.
Incumbent shall serve as the Computer Management Specialist with responsibilities and duties that include, but are not limited to, the following functions:
• Serves as primary point of contact for USAID/Afghanistan on all IT issues and works very closely with CIO.
• Works closely with the Deputy Executive Officer (D/EXO) to account for all IT property and establish an accountability log using historical knowledge of IT assets.
• In collaboration with the D/EXO and CIO, incumbent will take inventory of all USAID/Afghanistan IT assets; work with current USAID/Afghanistan staff to assess whether their issued laptops and iPhones are in with agency time lapse guidelines; request replacement iPhones and/or laptops for staff as required.
• Working under the guidance of the D/EXO, provides oversight to the work of Computer Management Assistants, ICASS IT personnel, and State IRM Computer Technicians assigned to AID Office.
• Implementation of Mission policies, guidelines and procedures pertaining to the Management of information resources (security and contingency plans, ADS 545, etc.).
• In collaboration with CIO, improvement/upgrade of USAID/Afghanistan’s hardware and software support systems in compliance with Agency’s standards requirements and regulations.
• In collaboration with CIO, maintenance and troubleshooting of USAID applications and implementation of user support systems. Provides user support on USAID applications located on AIDNet. In coordination with CIO, provide Digital Video and Adobe Connect conferencing support for the Mission.
• Provides input/advice on Agency solutions for various programs including USAID Google Cloud, Adobe connect, GLAAS, etc. in close coordination with USAID/W/CIO Project Manager(s).
• Coordinates directly with the IT Systems Manager for USAID/Kazakhstan to assist in resolving IT issues affecting USAID/Afghanistan staff.
• Develops the Mission IT procurement plan including the identification of qualified sources of equipment, maintenance, and services. Participates in the full competitive solicitation process to include proving expertise when evaluating and recommending IT equipment or software.
• Provides technical assistance and advice to USAID/Afghanistan support and technical offices on USAID-funded IT projects.
• Responsible for management and tracking of all USAID IT equipment purchases. The incumbent will develop or recommend systems to monitor inventory levels and suggest 40 USC 549; 41 CFR 102-37.12) as needed.
• Coordinates with US Embassy/Kazakhstan and Washington Information Resource Management offices on major initiatives and ongoing work issues as required.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES (KSA’s): –
• Incumbent should have advanced knowledge in IT administration and software including MS Windows Server management version 2003/2008, MS Exchange version 2003/2010, and MS Windows network configuration, network security software, Microsoft Office productivity software, and current MS Windows Client operating systems.
• Must have advanced knowledge of hardware management including servers, personal computers, network equipment such as routers, switches and wireless network devices, Apple computers and mobile devices, as well as audiovisual devices.
• Good technical skills to troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve hardware and software problems to maximize the capabilities of the USAID/Afghanistan computer resources.
• Excellent understanding of priorities of key managers to ensure that computer systems are responsive to those needs.
• Good interpersonal skills are required to resolve priority issues, system limitations, downtime, etc., with key officials, and to develop and maintain two-way communications and promote computer and automation services.
• Supervisory skills are required.
• Ability to teach software programs to AID staff.
• Ability to relate proposed projects and priorities to the capabilities and limitations of the computer system and components to determine capability to meet support requirements.
• Ability to articulate significance of management decisions with computer systems and system requirements to managers in order to obtain support for actions that will enhance automation and/or effective management of computer resources.
• Ability to balance workload demands between central system and individual user requirements.
• Ability to relate USAID/Afghanistan organization, functions, and mission to computer system’s terms of reference, e.g., priorities for automation, an interrelationship of different applications programs to USAID/Afghanistan operations, etc.
• Ability to manage and supervise multiple sites and to coordinate support services from variety of contractors. Ability to design and maintain LAN, WAN and PC configurations.
• Knowledge of programming languages is highly desirable.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS –
• Ability to obtain facility access
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (computer science, information systems management or equivalent. Microsoft and Cisco Certifications are highly desirable) and eight (8) years of professional work experience OR Master’s degree in a relevant field plus six (6) years of professional work experience.
◦ Prior Work Experience: Progressively responsible experience in the operation and support of IT-related equipment, programs and systems management. Experience with Windows 2003/2008 Servers, WEB Servers, SharePoint, (RAS) Remote Access, Cisco network equipment, Video Conferencing devices, as well as peripherals management to include printers, scanners, digital senders and modems highly desired.
Language Proficiency Requirement:
• Level IV (Fluent) speaking/reading of English Language and Level IV (Fluent) speaking/reading of Dari and/or Pashto is required.
Supervision Received: Directly supervised by D/EXO, however, incumbent will be required to perform duties independently, with minimal daily supervision.
Available Guidelines: USAID/Afghanistan oral and written procedures and policies; ADS policies and guidance’s; Mission standard operating procedures and polies; Department of State and federal regulations must be reviewed and understood by incumbent.
Exercise of Judgment: The incumbent will be expected to display significant initiative and exercise sound judgment in the performance of daily duties; must be able to resolve problems that may arise by using proven or developing novel approaches to complex IT problems. Must decide on priority scheduling of work to maximize operational efficiency of the office IT systems.
Nature. Level, and Purpose of Contacts: Contacts are with all USAID Mission employees and Senior Management, including administrative, technical, and managerial personnel. Additionally, will communicate with the senior officials in USAID CIO, State IMO and the cognizant Deputy Management Counselor, contractors and implementing partners.
Benefits – IMSolutions is proud to offer a competitive salary, high-quality, broad, and diverse benefits, a generous Paid Time Off plan, and a corporate 401k plan. IMSolutions offers exceptional opportunities to develop a rewarding career. For more information, you can send any questions to email@example.com.
Equal Opportunity Employment: IMSolutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. IMSolutions is an E-Verify Employer.