ABOUT THE POSITION
IMSolutions LLC is seeking a Project Development Specialist (Program Support) to provide support to the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Afghanistan Mission. The Office of Program and Project Development (OPPD) provides Mission-wide support for country strategy development and implementation; project and activity design; monitoring, evaluation, and learning; donor coordination; resource management; and development outreach. This position is part of OPPD’s Program Support Team (PST). The PST supports the Mission to conduct strategic planning and implementation; design, monitor, evaluate, and apply learning to projects and activities; provide GIS mapping and data visualization; manage award information; comply with environmental requirements; and conduct portfolio reviews and performance results reporting.
As a member of the PST, the Project Development Specialist guides and facilitates project and activity design, monitoring, evaluation, and learning at the Mission, in accordance with ADS 201 and other Mission policies. The incumbent serves as the primary liaison between OPPD and the technical teams.
The position is 100% remote. The start date is immediate.
Program Support Team Backstopping Responsibilities
• Backstops one or more technical offices and remains in continuous contact and consultation with the assigned office(s).
• Assumes responsibility for coordinating the OPPD response on all documentation and actions on which the input, advice and clearance of the Office is sought.
• Keeps abreast of all developments in the assigned office(s) and ensures that the OPPD leadership is informed of all significant developments.
• Actively participates on project and activity design teams as an expert on the design to procurement process to ensure that USAID’s analytical design requirements, guidance, and requirements are fully met.
• Facilitate the development of project and activity problem analyses, solution analysis/results to be achieved, sustainability analysis, and theory of change.
• Provide guidance on the documents and processes required for project and activity approval and edits these documents as necessary.
• Facilitate the review and inputs of OPPD’s other sections and ensures inputs are incorporated into each design.
• Ensures analysis and incorporation of lessons learned and other reports/assessments etc. from past programming to new designs.
• Works in close collaboration with technical and support offices, including the Resident Legal Officer (RLO), Office of Acquisition and Assistance (OAA), and the Office of Financial Management (OFM) throughout the design process.
• Provide guidance on the Mission’s MEL policy, processes, and procedures to the technical teams.
• Support technical teams to develop evaluation/assessment statements of work, review evaluation/assessment reports, and complete post evaluation action plans.
• Participate as a member of the OPPD team in portfolio reviews, strategy development, and performance reporting.
• Represent USAID/Afghanistan in both internal and external meetings with USAID staff, implementing partners, and others.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES (KSA’s) –
• Requires strong knowledge of principles of project development, logical frameworks, analytical requirements, monitoring, evaluation and learning as well as financial planning.
• Knowledge of Afghanistan’s economic, political, social, and cultural characteristics, development prospects, potential, priorities, and resources with a knowledge of, or potential to acquire understanding of programming, project design and implementation policies, procedures and documentation pertaining to development assistance is needed.
• Must have the ability to establish rapport and maintain contacts with officials in technical and support offices within USAID, mid-level officials in GoA, NGOs, and the private sector.
• Ability to explain USAID project and activity design and MEL guidance, its policies, practices, analytical and documentation requirements to officials within USAID and its stakeholders outside USAID is important.
• Ability to perform any of the mandatory analysis and formulate non-technical aspects/sectors of a design document.
• Possess the skills to organize and present aspects of a project and activity design into appropriate written and/or oral formats is needed.
• Ability to design evaluation and assessment statements of work, advise on monitoring and evaluation of activities, including selecting indicators and MEL methodology, is required.
• Must have proficiency in using MS Office Suite (e.g., MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
• Must be able to plan and carry out assignments with a high degree of independence and accuracy.
• Ability to obtain facility access
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field sociology, economics, psychology, organizational studies, development studies, political science, or related field) and six (6) years of professional work experience OR Master’s degree in a relevant field plus four (4) years of professional work experience OR High School Diploma plus ten (10) years of relevant professional work experience.
1. Prior Work Experience: Progressively responsible work experience with an Afghan Government institution or international (bi-lateral or multilateral) development entity involving project design and implementation, and/or monitoring, evaluation and learning is required.
• Language Proficiency: Incumbent must have Level IV (speaking/reading/writing) English proficiency and Level IV (speaking/reading) Dari and/or Pashto is required. Must be able to communicate effectively in both written and spoken English at a professional level.
• Have experience in project administration and management procedures.
• Be proficient in the use of Windows, Google, Internet search engines, and e- mail applications.
Post Entry Training –
• Familiarization training in USAID-specific procedures, reporting requirements, and systems, and orientation working from a donor agency perspective, will be provided.
• Training to maintain professional capability in the field, and other courses offered for professional USAID staff, as appropriate.
• Courses, seminars, conferences, and other activities in fields related to the Mission’s function and needed to maintain and update professional qualifications.
Benefits – IMSolutions is proud to offer a competitive salary, high-quality, broad, and diverse benefits, a generous Paid Time Off plan, and a corporate 401k plan. IMSolutions offers exceptional opportunities to develop a rewarding career. For more information, you can send any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Opportunity Employment: IMSolutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. IMSolutions is an E-Verify Employer.