IMSolutions is seeking a Acquisition Subject Matter Expert II (SME II) to support our National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) client in Greenbelt MD.
The SME II will perform various contract responsibilities. The SME II is responsible for a full range of planning and administering the most complex and major acquisitions for the client which may include all functions from cradle to grave in the acquisition life cycle. These functions may include acquisition planning; drafting requests for proposal (RFPs), Invitation for Bids (/IFBs) Request for Quotations (RFQs), Requests for Information (RFIs); market research/analysis, selection, and administration of contract terms & conditions, cost and price analysis, preparation of contract modifications, evaluation of contract performance, contract termination. The SME II responsibilities also include the research, analysis, and developing positions for complex/sensitive contract issues and execution matters. Individuals, as required, will have experience with Cost Reimbursable, Fixed Price, Time & Materials, Commercial, and GSA Federal Supply Schedule contracting. Individuals will possess a working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and agency supplements.
• Provides expertise and guidance for acquisitions in subject matter areas of specialized knowledge.
• Assists primary clients in developing statements of work, statement of objectives and performance work statement, and procurement strategy.
• Provides expertise acquisition planning and other operational and analytical disciplines.
• Develops evaluation plans, pricing methodologies, and major administrative plans
• Defines problems and analyzes and develops plans and requirements in the subject matter area for moderately complex to complex systems
• Develops and recommends streamlined initiatives. Utilizes and recommends the use of innovative techniques where appropriate, to improve procurement operations and customer service.
• Prepares draft of protest and termination case documents for review and approval by the Contracting Officer.
• Coordinates and manages the preparation of analysis and evaluations.
• Provides recommendations for proper implementation of programs and systems specifications in the following specialties: business process re-engineering, workflow, and process automation, process improvement, quality control and management, information systems architecture, automation, communications protocols, risk management/electronic analysis, software, life cycle management, development methodologies, modeling and simulation projects.
• Thorough working knowledge of cost/price analysis sufficient to assist in pre-and post-procurement actions: evaluate price and cost as they relate to travel, direct labor, overhead, transportation and indirect costs, and gather, assemble analyzed data for the Contracting Officer to draw a logical conclusion about the price/cost information and soundness of a proposal.
• Thorough working knowledge of federal acquisition, contracting laws, principles, and regulations.
• Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
• Performs a variety of complex tasks.
• May have first-line responsibility for certain projects or functions.
• A substantial degree of creativity and latitude is required.
Key Attributes Required –
• Strong research, critical thinking and analysis skills
• Strong verbal and written collaborative skills ensuring a more knowledgeable and engaged team/workforce
• Strong interpersonal skills experienced in working collaboratively with personnel at all organizational levels in a diverse work environment
• Dedication: Shows a sense of ownership and pride in work products
• Adaptable: Shows a sense of urgency, high degree of personal motivation for success
• Positive professional attitude – demonstrating an ultimate desire to fulfill organizational objectives by providing a positive customer experience
• Integrity: Without it, no real success is possible
• BA/BS with 12 years of contracting/acquisition experience or Master’s Degree with 15 years of contracting/acquisition experience
• Relevant office experience including MS Office and Google platform product skills
Benefits – IMSolutions is proud to offer a competitive salary, high-quality, broad, and diverse benefits, a generous Paid Time Off plan, and a corporate 401k plan. IMSolutions offers exceptional opportunities to develop a rewarding career. For more information, you can send any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Opportunity Employment: IMSolutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. IMSolutions is an E-Verify Employer.