When you join IMSolutions, you are not just joining “a company” you are joining a culture comprised of Team Work, Collaboration, and Trust. Experiences make careers and at IMSolutions the experience you have can be diverse, unlimited and far-reaching.
IMSOLUTIONS specializes in providing management & cost analysis support to government & commercial agencies.
Our consultants have extensive experience working with the Department of Defense (DoD),Department of Treasury, USAID and other federal agencies. We have supported projects ranging from the acquisition of major weapon systems to the re-engineering of organizational operations. IMS has experience with working effectively at all levels of the organizational team including Integrated Product Teams (IPT).
Our Mission is to establish a flexible, best value, solution oriented organization which provides quality and innovation management support services that will result in value added solutions and satisfied customers.
IMSolutions, LLC is seeking a qualified Public Relations Specialist—contingent upon award--to support the USAID DDI DRG Administrative Support Services in the DRG Center in Washington, D.C.
The Democracy, Human Rights, and Governance Center (the DRG Center) serve as the Agency’s lead operating unit to promote and support the development of democratic and citizen-responsive governance in the countries where USAID works.
Strategic Communications -
• Develop and lead the implementation of the communications and outreach strategy, outlining key objectives, target audiences, messaging core communications activities, and the timeline for implementation.
• Work closely with other USAID regional and technical bureaus, senior Bureau and DRG Center leadership, and the Legislative and Public Affairs Bureau to develop and promote key DRG messages; and collaborate on DRG-related communications and outreach campaigns.
• Represent DRG communications efforts via the standing Agency and Bureau communications working groups.
• Develop a diverse and active network of DRG field contacts and implementing partners for collaboration on stories and initiatives.
• Engage regularly with the DRG global cadre to solicit sector-related field stories; provide DRG-related communications resources as needed, and travel at Mission’s request to produce story content, produce video storytelling, and provide DRG storytelling support as needed.
Content Creation and Management -
• Create and develop articles, stories, blogs, event summaries, and/or other written or multi-media materials that promote the impact of DRG programming for the various DRG Center platforms.
• Responsible for the creative design, development, and oversight of DRG’s website(s), including maintaining functionality and accessibility for the external public; managing all web-related activity with DRG Center teams.
• Design and conduct the virtual and in-person DRG storytelling course for DRG staff and local partners overseas, and in Washington, D.C.
• Draft DRG-Center related Agency Notices and Executive Messages to commemorate key DRG-themed days and announcements for internal distribution.
• Serve as Editor in Chief for the DRG Center’s weekly and annual reports; and the DRG newsletter.
• Provide copy-editing for external publications and Center documents.
• Serve as the producer for new DRG video projects, and provide video editing support.
• Secure photos, videos and other multimedia material for both internal and external use.
• Provides technical and strategic guidance in online communication strategies; explores and develops new ways to communicate activities, disseminate information and expand outreach to specific audiences.
• Manages the annual DRG Photo Contest.
Media and Events -
• Manage DRG-related media and press inquiries, including drafting press releases.
• Provide writing and editing support for speeches and talking points for DRG leadership and Senior Staff for high-profile events.
• Provide outreach and multi-visual support on DRG Center events.
• Photograph and/or produce videos of USAID events for the USAID and DRG Center use and on TDYs.
• Incorporates best practices, latest trends, and innovation into DRG’s communications strategies.
• Provides guidance to less experienced team members on USAID/DRG communications.
Key Attributes Required -
• At least 10 years of experience in communications, media/journalism, and international development with USAID and/or USAID implementing partners.
• Knowledge of USAID policies, activities, systems, and procedures, especially those related to communications and outreach
• Outstanding written and oral communications skills with strong attention to detail; able to produce clean, high-quality, professional copy for varied audiences.
• Proven ability to meet deadlines and work in rapidly changing, high-pressure situations, and juggle competing priorities and make quick, sound decisions.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, highly collaborative, and builds strong relationships at all levels.
• Shows discretion and diplomacy with politically sensitive issues and information.
• Ability to effectively work and engage internal and external partners, USAID clients, host government officials, and NGO counterparts.
• Proficiency/expertise in the use of the Microsoft Office package (including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and the Google suite (including Gmail, Calendar, Documents, Sheets, and Google Drive
• Professional-level oral and written communication skills
• Demonstrated effective teamwork, collaboration, and interpersonal skills
• A Secret-level U.S. Government security clearance
Benefits - IMSolutions is proud to offer a competitive salary, high-quality, broad, and diverse benefits, a generous Paid Time Off plan, and a corporate 401k plan. IMSolutions offers exceptional opportunities to develop a rewarding career. For more information, you can send any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Opportunity Employment: IMSolutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. IMSolutions is an E-Verify Employer.